Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Loving it...

This week has been great. The kids are getting better and better each and everyday with their morning seat work and I am seeing so much progress from Monday already with many of my students who were struggling making a square and triangle. They now can do them and are learning how to make a rectangle and oval. I was so excited on Tuesday when we reviewed syllables and I had them try and see if they could clap out their names and every single student was able to do it without any help. I was so proud because we only spent Monday on learning what syllable are and how to count/clap them. I am gaining more and more responsibility each day and each week. This week and next I will have almost everything under my belt except a few things and then the entire month of October is all me. YIKES, it's coming faster than I want it too, but I know I will be fine. Tuesday was the real test for me, because my cooperating teacher was not there and I was in charge of the classroom and the assistant was still assisting me and the sub was just there. I really enjoyed having control of the room and it was a good day because my university supervisor was also there to see that and see me teach a math lesson. I got a really good review from here and no "bad" mark. Today she came back and watch me teach reading groups and again not "bad" marks. All positive. So I am feeling more and more comfortable in the line of teaching.

Not much else is happening right now. Just writing lesson plans, teaching, and working. This weekend we are hosting (my Sunday School Class) a chili cook off and Euchre night. I will be eating the chili and probably taking picture, because I am one of those ones that does not how to play Euchre.

That's the update for now.

No comments: