Sunday, September 14, 2008

Celebrate!

This weekend was my Great Aunt's 80Th birthday. It was a surprise for her. I am sure she was surprised but I was at work when the surprise really happened. In addition to that surprise we had a surprise Friday night when our cousins came home form London, Ontario to celebrate with my aunt. It was a pleasant surprise. We have packed so much in the weekend since they arrived Friday, but it has been fun. they are hoping that the weather holds Sunday night so we can have a fire and make pies with cherry pie filling!

Saturday when I got home from work I jumped in the van and went with them down to where my Great Grandma lived and where my grandma grew up and saw the house and the changes they made too it. I was shocked. There used to be a row of about 10 pine trees and they were all gone, the large oak tree in the front was gone and the stone wall was replace with a new one. the house as i remember it from spending time there was white, but now it is sided. What a difference the place was.

Student teaching is going well. I really like the class that I am in and I finally have all the kids names memorized and I even know how to spell them. I just keep thinking these poor kids, when the get older and have to write their entire name. Some of the names have two or three middle name in addition to their first and last name. EEK!
Here is a conversation I had with my students this week

Student: Why do you tell us that Thursday are the only days we can stick our tongues out?
Me: because the sound of TH is made with our tongues.
Student: so that means we can stick out our tongue all day?
Me. No Way, only when we are talking about the day of the week.
Student: Well I think everyday should be Thursday
Me: Why?
Student: because I think you look funny when you teach us about Thursdays and your tongue is out.

Have a great week!

No comments: