Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No Power, no school!

This week has been crazy with phone calls each morning from the Principal of the school I am teaching at. So far we have not been going to school because there is no power. I have been told that I will not have to make up these days because the are considered Unscheduled closings, but once we reach five days I will have to start making them up....Keeping my fingers crossed we are allowed to go in on Thursday and teach. I am liking the fact that I am at home, I have gotten so much done. Lesson plans through October 10th are finished along with all the extra papers for the University Supervisor that has to grade them as well. I have written a resume for my seminar class that was assigned last evening...Just waiting for eyes to proof it for me, and so much more. If we happen to be off again tomorrow I will be cleaning the house Really good. It is in need of a cleaning.

Today my Grandma Lashley turned 85 years old. We are taking her out to dinner Saturday night. I am looking forward to that. I have not been the best grand daughter in going to visit her since school started, but I will surly make up for it Saturday night.

This past weekend we had family in from London, Ontario and we had a blast catching up with everyone. We were outside during the wind storm and walking all around and discovered that a tree limb as big and round as a dinner plate and bigger feel right outside my kitchen window and missed breaking it, not by much, and it just missed hitting the gutter and down spout that I just put up about 3 weeks ago. Needless to say my parents will have lots of fire wood for the winter. It was fun walking around in the dark when the power flickered on and off and the outside light pool went out too, so we just dodged limbs and sticks back to my parents house that night.

Sorry there are no kids stories to add tonight. Hopefully next week. Till then..........

No comments: