Monday, September 8, 2008

25 and still counting

that is the current number of students that I have as of today. I originally had 27 but two went to another school in the system, but I could still have more come to the classroom this week. Today I had two of the students leave and two additions. So as of today at 2:30 I had 25 students and I had learned all their names and had matched them with the correct face by 2:30 today!! YEAH ME! Learning the names is what I thought would be the hardest thing of all and I was sure it would take me an entire week to learn them as well as spell them. Some of the spellings that I have seen are not even close to how you would pronounce them. Spelling the names may take me a little longer, but I am going to achieve that goal by Friday!

Some sayings from the kids today:

Student: Miss Lashley, are you going to be a mean teacher?
Me: Why do you think I will be?
Students: Well, my teachers last year were OK, but they were always mean and would not let me talk?
Me: Why did they not let you talk? Did you raise your hand?
Student: I don't 'member. I was only 4 then.

Student: Miss Lashley how come you always call on people that are quiet?
Me: Because I know that they want to learn
Student: well I want to learn, I think.
Me: why do you think you want to learn?
Student:Because next year I will be in big kid school and can do anything I please.

Oh the things that teacher will be handling. EEK

I also fell over the slide today trying to catch a student that was throwing mulch at another student. I was watching where I was going till the student did a 360 turn and ran the other way. I turned to quick and the next thing I knew I was on the slide. At least the student I was chasing asked me if I as OK. I said yes and then we had a talk about throwing mulch on the playground at other students. He also learned that there are consequences that follow and he will be loosing 5 minutes of recess tomorrow.

Not much new in Library land! Pretty quiet in here tonight, but there is no A/C. Won't be back on till Wednesday. The fan is hitting, so I feel pretty good. Till the next time......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the much needed chuckle Lynne! Reminds me so much of what will happen to me when I start chasing Kyle!