Monday, August 25, 2008

First day

for teachers that is. Today was the first day that we were allowed in the classrooms to set up and decorate for the coming year. We did get quite a bit accomplished today such as, book selves set-up, posters on walls, desks and tables moved around, not once but two or three times, washing the dust away, and so much more. If you are a teacher you know what I mean.

Otherwise today was a good first start for me. I actually get to see and be apart of the set-up for the school year and share ideas and much more. My teacher that I am working under is so nice and helpful and full of ideas, but she was excited to her the ideas that I had as well. Tomorrow night will be the crash course for both of us as we attend a meeting about this semester and all the she needs to do along with all my assignments.

Besides school, my dad and I went fishing last night, just the two of us. It was so nice. It's been a long time since he and spent time together. We had lots of fun as well as lots of laughs. Our first casts were the best, I think. I caught a tree, broke my line and lost my bobber and Dad caught a blue gill about the size of a baby's foot. That was great. Then we just started casting and we were catching bass and bluegill, with no worms, just those fake white things(I don't know what they are called, but you fishermen will understand). We fished till almost 9pm. It was really nice. I hope he and I can do that again sometime soon.

My class reunion was this last weekend, 10 years, YIKES. I guess I can say it was not what I thought it would be. I thought that all the clicks and groups would be over with and we all we be talking and catching up, but I was wrong. There were a few that did talk to me that never talked to me in high school, but all the ones that always talked to me, well it was like we have talked everyday of our lives and that was the part I enjoyed the most. I was surprised at how many married classmates, who was still single like lil' ole me and who had kids and who were expecting their firsts. Of course we took a group picture so when that come I will have to dig out the yearbook and look up those I did not know. the guys were the ones that changed the most and the girls all still looked the same.

Till next time.....

No comments: