Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let the teaching begin

I found out today that it will OK to teach all of my 14 weeks of student teaching with the same teaching in the same grade. I have been waiting for weeks for this news and well now I am happy. I am excited at the same time I am nervous, because I now know that my last semester of school is approaching me faster then I want it to. 14 weeks YEAH..(starting the 25Th)

In other news I have been tossing around the idea of what I would like to do in the Master field of schooling. Do I get my masters in Education or do I get my Masters in Library Informational Science? I think that I have set my mind to library science. When looking at the big picture, I can see myself either staying where I am at and do the things I like to do, read, program, etc., get a teaching job, or be a school librarian. With a Bachelors in Education and a Masters in Library Science my window of opportunities are wide open.

There are some other things that have come open in the library system, but I need to think about it and pray about it this weekend because the deadline is Friday the 22 of August. Once I make a decision , I will update you all on it.

In other news, not much is happening. Matthew is playing softball and has a big tournament this weekend in Massillon. Dad is coaching the team and is very proud of Matt and the long way he has come since last year. Mom and I are looking forward to our girls morning out this Saturday making cards with a group of friends. and Then Saturday we are having and working the Backpack festival at our church along with Fairhope UMC. Will be lots of fun and I found out there are 207 children who signed up for backpacks in the Louisville area that can't afford to purchase them or their school supplies. Sometime this weekend Mom and I will be making and canning corn and corn salad from the the corn patch. What Fun to look forward too.

Until next time.. have a safe and fun week and weekend.

No comments: