Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another week, another day

That is how this week has been going. It has been a rough week thus far and it is only Wednesday. On Monday I found out that I was getting yet another student. This student is yet another boy. So I am now up to 19 boys and 8 girls. He is a nice young man and very polite. Lets hope his politeness rubs off on the other students in the room.

This week is midterms for me, which means that my University Supervisor is coming tomorrow to have the midterm "talk" and review and go over any other things necessary as well as set up the last three evaluations for the semester. I can't believe that I am over half done with my student teaching. That is just scary in my mind.

With that being said, I will start taking over the classroom on Monday the 6th and have it until the beginning of November. I am a little nervous but then again I think that i will be OK. Thursdays are planning days, so I have done a lot of it on my own just to see if I am on the right track when I meet with the other Kindergarten teacher at planning time. The Kindergarten team teaches the same thing everyday at the same time, give or take a little on the time frames with Bathroom breaks and specials, but otherwise when the other class is on the carpet we should be too or on our way to being there. It is kind of nice because I can feed off the other teacher, as well as have my cooperating teacher there win the room to assist me when needed.

Work is work, and it is going well. I just wish that I was there a little more with all the changes that are happening in the department again with Children's. My department head will still be in the building which is GREAT, but then again she also took the job of our Staff and Services Manager (Assistant manager) and I know that she will be great at that too. So at this moment in time, I feel like I am back to square one but I know it will all work out in the end and when school is over and I can fully concentrate on work, but then again I have to decide if I want to teach my first year out or just sub....Teaching sounds better, but with God helps I know I will be guided in the right direction.

Out of the mouth of babes and the conversations that I have:

Student: Miss Lashley why are you wearing stockings"
Me: Because I wanted to keep my keep my legs warm today
Student:Well I thought only my grandma wore stocking's.
Me. That is true, but I think that I am allowed too
Student: Yep your old too.

Hopefully more next week.

No comments: