Wednesday, October 22, 2008

UGH! But oh so happy!

First I want to apologize to those readers who were faithful readers that were not able to read my blog entries. I hit something and well when I was on another blog of my friends I noticed that it said last updated 1 month ago and I knew that was not true. . So if you are one of those readers that was wondering if I fell of the earth I'm back and please take a moment to read the posts you have missed! There are some great kid stories from student teaching!

Well, this week is almost gone and I just realized Tuesday night when I was writing my lesson plans for next week that I only have one more week after that to write lesson plans. How this semester has flown by. I can't believe that next week is Halloween already. Am I ready for the chaos on Thursday and Friday with party days and what not! I don't think so, but this will be the real test for me to see how a teacher handles the kids and part days. Although today you would have thought that was a party day the way the kids were bouncing off the walls. YIKES!

All in all school is going great. My University Supervisor was in on Tuesday to see small groups and left me with a great report and all the paper work to go with it. She will be coming the next two Wednesdays and then well, I will be on the home stretch! My main concern right now is with these two big projects that are due the second week of November. I think I have the one figured out with the lessons and how I am going to collect the data and the other one is an e-portfolio and well I am not too good with PowerPoint yet, but am learning. I did talk to the one professor at Walsh and she said that she would help me put it together as long as I have things on my Flash drive, which believe it or not, I do have one of those and I even know how to use it! Moving up in the world I am!

This Thursday (23rd) is my birthday and I am looking forward to the four days off from work. I am in need of rest and relaxation and a girls day with my mom. I worked ahead on lesson plans for next week so I don't have to do them this weekend....good planning on my part because I was also invited to a cookout with friends from my Sunday School Class and I will be attending that and enjoying the relaxation a fire brings and the friendship too.

No kid stories this week. Maybe the next post. It has been a very chaotic week, like there was a full moon or something. I wish there was, but there isn't...so whatever is brewing in the air is sure brewing my room.

Till next time.............

No comments: