Saturday, November 1, 2008

5 days to go

till I am completed with my 5 weeks of being in charge of the classroom. I can't believe that it has gone this fast and that I am planned for my last week. This week we will be working on the letter /s/ and the sound as well as listing as many words as we can that start with /s/ or that we can hear /s/ in it. It should be fun.

Since yesterday as Halloween we had a party for the kids. No they did not dress up and no we did not tell them about it till about 30 minutes before, because i knew that we, the teachers, would have a hard time keeping them calm all day long. The party went well and everyone walked away happy and wit prizes or treats!

I will be working the rest of the Saturdays in November then I will be back to normal schedule..what's that I ask....Anyway, when I got to work today and checked my e-mail that I have been behind on for about a week, the first thing I opened was from the State, from the Ohio Association for the Education of Young Children. I had sent in a proposal this summer and just saw that I was accepted to be a presenter for the library and for all the educators in the State of Ohio. I even get free room and board. I am really excited. I can now start working on things getting it read and talking with my partner who will also be presenting with me as well. This will happen in May, the 28-30 to be exact. I though will not be thinking about getting thing ready and ordered and printed off till in December and January when I am not in school and when the snow is flying. Good time to work on that stuff!

Not much else is happening these days. I am just on the countdown at the moment. I am looking forward to turning things back over to my cooperating teacher but then again, It will be hard for me not to do anything and be the assistant or the observer in other classrooms that I will be certified in. Till next week....Have a great weekend and week!

No comments: