Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ACK!

The past two weeks have been full of paper work, lesson plans, and teacher work sample reviews. I am happy to report that I have completed all of them and turned in the last of them tonight. I am relieved that it is done and I do not have to look at it again. I hope I did OK on it. I am always apprehensive about things that I turn in that is over 5 pages. This work sample that I turned in was 20 pages long. I want to talk to other classmates tonight and see if I was anywhere close to what they had. I know that I put a lot more work into things then I really need too.
Tonight is also my mock interview with the Assistant Superintendent of Jackson Local schools. Yes, I am a little nervous, but I also know that it is just a practice interview and it will only help me when the time comes for me to interview for real in a school system to teach. I have everything in order, both copies of my portfolios,(electronic portfolio, and hard copy). I want to be safe.
Let's see, not to much else has happened since the last post other than this. I am now ready to start finding the kitchen table for real this time, clean and get ready for the holidays. With all the snow that has fallen I am getting in the mood and I am wanting to start baking really bad. I love way the house smells in the winter when baking cookies, bread and yummy winter foods.

I only have 5 days left of student teaching. I am a little excited, but also sad, because I know that I will miss the kids and the teachers and the relationships that I have developed with the teachers in the wing of the school that I was in.

Other than this week, things are going good. I am looking forward to the big shopping trip that I am taking with my friend for work next Saturday! We are heading to Columbus to hit Polaris Shopping Center to hit deals and Christmas shop. I think that I will be shopping mostly for me, but this is OK. I am pretty well done with the family...just have a few things to finish up, but our Christmas this year is a two week trip to the beach in Florida. So make shopping a lot easier this year!

Till next week.....Stay warm.

No comments: