Saturday, October 18, 2008

2 down 3 to go

I have successfully completed two weeks on my own with student teaching and being the lead teacher. I can't believe that my first two weeks are over and I am all ready for my third week. This has gone so fast. This past week was "M" week and next is "T". All things went well and I am feeling more and more comfortable talking over the classroom and the lesson plans are getting easier and easier each weekend when I plan for the following week. I seems like I just get started on Monday with the new letter of the week and I have to think ahead for the next week and plan it. Our planning time is on Thursday mornings but I like to have the majority if it ready for when I go the meeting and then fill in the holes where needed.

This coming week is my birthday and I will be turning 29, but in Matt's terms I will be turning 21. I love him for that! :)

In general things are going well. I am on the countdown with school 5 1/2 week to go. All the sudden though when I looked at the syllabus I realized that there are three projects due with in the next two weeks. I guess I better get started on them and start typing the one that I have been working on! I am halfway finished with the one and another will be completed Tuesday night because it is a presentation. Then I have an e-portfolio due and it is really hard to to when you don't have Internet access at home. So I guess I will be spending some nights at the school and working on it! After that...everything will be turned in and done and I all I have to worry about is the mock interview session and the final which is a banquet...I wonder if I can handle that kind of banquet?!?!

Kid conversation:

Student: Miss Lashley you have white hair
Me: I know
Miss Turner( K Assistant): Do you know why she has white hair?
Student: No
Miss Turner: Because you are all driving her bonkers this week.
Students: Oh well

Needless to say we both starting laughing and Miss Turner left and went to lunch and I was still trying to not laugh, but it was hard.

No comments: