Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So far So good

Things seem to be going well since I have taken on Full Classroom duties this week. I will continue will this responsibility until the first Friday in November and then I will start to hand things back to my cooperating teacher. The students have been very accepting to my voice and listening for the most part to the instructions for the day. Today I had a great day will all the students. There ins one young man in my class that likes to yell at all the instructions and to me, but I have learned to ignore it to a point and go on with the rest of the class.

Today's math lesson was going not as planned until I looked over and saw the one small group working together and making a picture with the shapes that I handed them. I was shocked and at the time I stopped the entire class and showed them what the group had done and all the sudden the light bulbs went on and I was seeing bicycles, robots, giraffes and so much more with 5 shapes. It was amazing and now I am glad that I did it. I did take pics and I even hung them on the wall for all the parents and principal and other teachers to see.

Work is going well. Story time are great. I heard that my co-worker had 24 Tuesday for toddler time and I think that is the new record! Go Amber!

There is not much more happening at the moment. I am still fighting what I guess would be a cold/sinus infection. right now the area above my right cheek is swelled a little and it is pushing on my teeth. UGH! I hope that it clears up soon and if not I guess I am going to have to break down and call the doctor. I am hoping that is sinus that is causing the pain in my mouth and not a tooth problem!

I hope to have stories or conversations to share the next time. I think I said it this time, but I am too tired to remember any of them right now. So until then.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tuesday was absoulutely the largest and hardest storytime ever. I had such a huge group and no voice at the same time! It made me feel good that so many came. They like me, they really like me!
Miss you, can't wait to see you Saturday!