Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Graduation Day and more

Sunday was the best day so far this year. It has been the day I have been looking forward to since Christmas. This day would be Graduation day. Finally it arrived. Arrived sunny and really hot.

The day started out with us picking up my grandparents in the big ole van and traveling all the way to Walsh university in North Canton. Upon arrival I split from the family and took off to the room where I was to line up. Of course, all my study buddies where there and we had a great reuniting. My friend and partner for all the projects from the first day I stepped into the University was graduating with me. It was so fun to see Megan again.
As the hour marched on before we marched down the steps and to our seats, I found out that I was going to be wearing to sets of honors cords. One set was the purple and green for Kappa Delta Phi for the Education division and then I received gold cords for being Cum Laude in Education with a GPA of 3.66. YEAH! Needless to say I was shocked to receive the gold ones, I already had the others at home. The ceremony came, we marched through the line of professors, passed the parents and families and friends, and to out seats. The commencement speaker was awesome...15 minutes...he said it was all about your attitude and how you go about making your attitude a positive one and taking on the world with your positive attitude. Next came the calling of names and the individual schools that were graduating. First were the Dr. degrees and then the Masters and then finally the Undergrads. Names were called and honors announced and...well at 3:30 I was an official Graduate of Walsh University.

Let's just say my parents and grandparents were there and proud as can be, as well as my brother who was beaming from ear to ear and by best friend Kristine. I just want to say thank you for all the support you all gave me through the last four years of my schooling. I love you all.

Now back to the grind. All my applications that I started last week are all ready to be mailed tomorrow and New ones to be filled out. I found some recent openings in Ohio on the ODE website. SO will look at where they are at and decided if i want to apply.

That's about it for now. Congrats to Tim and Jen and family on the birth of Silas Andrew on Monday.

till Next week.....Oh yeah...a pre Florida post.. YEAH!!!!

No comments: