Sunday, April 19, 2009

Decisions and Applications

This week and weekend were spent making the decisions about what to do as far as a teaching job for the Fall. My heart is set on becoming the teacher that I have always dreamed about, but I also love the current job that I have at the library. I enjoy going to it each and everyday.
I have been talking with my parents about what I should do. I know the right now the teaching market is struggling in the State of Ohio, but I am keeping my hopes high and am applying to as many schools in the area. I have completed applications for Louisville, Perry local and will be working on one this week for Plain local. On the other hand, when I was on vacation and visited South Point High school where my cousin works I have found out that the teaching opportunities are greater there right now. This would be in South Carolina. I am torn about what to do...i don't want to leave my friends and family or my current job, but I feel that I have to do what is right for me, so a move might be what happens. I am not set on that, something may occur right here in little ole Ohio. I am mailing out two applications Monday morning and will submit one online this week. I will also be in contact with my cousin in South Carolina too. ACK!!!!!! I do not like decisions like this. I just have to remember that God know my plan and I have to trust the little voice inside me.

In exactly one week I will be officially Graduated from college with honors (Cum Laude to be exact) from Walsh University. I have waited for this to happen for about months and the day is finally nearing. My parents, grandparents, brother and best friend will all be attending as long as the projected forecast remains to be in the high 70's that day. We saw it on the TV today...so keeping my fingers crossed, otherwise I have to leave two people back and that will be hard to do.

My dad worked in my yard yesterday for me and took down the rest of the old smoke house that was in the back that began to fall with the last wind storm we had Late winter. It looks so different in the backyard now. I now can begin thinking about working outside and planting flowers and sprucing up the back yard this year and make it look like someone lives here. HAHA...I have been in the house for almost 6 years already and I am still working on the outside...The inside is perfect besides the spring cleaning that needs to be done...any volunteers?

Well that is it for this week. Next week will be all about Graduation and more applications or decisions that I have made. Till then.....

No comments: