Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sun, Wind, Rain, Tornadoes!!!

Yes that is what vacation was like this year. I arrived safely at the Miramar resort in St. Petersburg Florida on Sunday, March 27. Upon arrival, I called my parents to find out how far away they were from joining me at the beach. Needless to say they have not left their destination, but they were only two hours out. While waiting for them, my friend from ten years ago arrived and we immediately began catching up on the last ten years. The afternoon went fast, my parents and Grandparents arrived, and we all unloaded the van, moved in and enjoyed the lovely warm weather of Florida. Each day was a new experience! Monday began with us getting up and walking over five miles on the beach before breakfast. Then we changed and were in our suits and by the pool the rest of the day. Tuesday, we were up and walking the beach again and by the pool again….Repeat on Wednesday with dodging a rain shower and then back to the poolside and playing water games. Each evening we played about three rounds of shuffleboard, and yes, I won almost all the games. I joined up with my dad as my partner and we beat Grandpa and Matthew each time, until Friday night when they beat us…and I mean beat us bad! Then friend from Minnesota, joined in on the fun and us two adults took on the teens and beat them, of course they did not like that we beat them, so they are already planning on next year taking us on in a challenge to see if they can beat us. Thursday…..oh Thursday….what a day…We were stuck in our room ALL day long. There were 74 mile winds, tornadoes and downpours all day long until 9pm that night….I could not wait till it let up and I could get out of the room. At 9pm I took off and walked around the place were we stayed and then the rain started again and I never ran so fast in my life to get back to the room. When I woke Friday morning, and opened the door, there was not a cloud in the sky and it was so beautiful and warm you would have never know that we where in somewhat of a hurricane/tornado weather the day before. It really makes you think and appreciate where we live and how lucky we are not to have to worry about dangerous weather all the time and what might be coming or not coming when you live along the water. But then when you wake and see clear skies and no damage, you really are thankful for the things around and what a wonderful Creator we have and how He always keeps us safe in the storms of life. Vacation was so nice this year. I was able to relax, enjoy family time, make memories, laugh (and laugh so hard at times) and just have plain ole fun with friends from the past and present. At this moment I wish I was still able to be there as my family is there right now till Sunday when they start for home, but work was calling! Until next time remember to thank our wonderful Creator for all he has done for you and your family!

No comments: