Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Preparing for Vacation

Yes, in about 11 days I will be leaving for vacation with the family. Of course my parents and Grandparents will already be in Florida, but they will not be at "our" place until late afternoon on the 27th. I however am flying out on Sunday morning early, and will be at our place before them... i am really looking forward to spending time on the beach, hunting seashells, making memories with my parents, grandparents, brother and meeting up with a friend of mine that I have not seen in about 10 years. It is sure to be a great time for all.

But until the time of departure, there are many things to be accomplished here at home. School is moving right along, and we are in the middle of the 3rd nine weeks assessments and soon to be Benchmark testing as report cards are due soon and the nine weeks end on the 25th. It is hard to believe that we are approaching the last nine weeks of the school year. There is still so much to be done and to teach the kids, but we always seem to get is all in, in a matter of time.

I am looking forward to going to Amish country with the family to purchase our cheese for vacation and pick up a few card making supplies that I like to get there. Then I will be preparing to pack a suitcase on Sunday and then making dinner for my best friend and her husband here on Monday night. Then from that it is only a week till I leave....

As life gets more and more cluttered with everyday activities I find me reminding myself to take a step back, take a deep breath and take each day at a time and to make more time for me and God and to appreciate all that he has given and blessed me with everyday. I hope that you all are able to do that as well.

Enjoy this nice weather that we are about to get......

Until Next time.......

1 comment:

Kurt and Carla said...

It's so important to keep finding that quiet time for yourself. We can all take a lesson in that. Thanks for the reminder :)