Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shopping, Relaxing, and Corn hole

This past weekend was such a fun and relaxing one for me and my family. I hope that you all felt the same. Saturday I went shopping with my best friend and we had a ball. It has been a very, very, very long time since we have done that. We were gone most of the day. But before the shopping trip started we went to watch her nieces softball game. Let's just say they are good. They really beat the other team, but most importantly they had fun. So back to shopping. We went all the way to Massillon, but had a great time and each came home with something new...well I came with three things and I think that she did too. We are planning another get away sometime soon.

Saturday evening my mom and I made Graduation cards. We are anxious to hear what a few of them say about their cards. They turned out very well. They will not get another one like it.

Sunday we pretty much did a little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of other things. In the evening we had a fire and roasted hot dogs and just sat around and talked with my Grandparents.

On Monday we had our usual picnic, but this time we BBQ'd chicken over the open fire. Dad and Grandpa did a GRAND job and we all agreed it was the best we have eaten like that in a long time. That evening we also played three games of corn hole and well lets just say that Matthew and Grandpa are winning 3-0 against Dad and I. Dad and I would be way ahead and then Matt would decided to sink them right in the hole and catch up. Grandpa then tries to block the whole and then Dad is up and bumps them in for another win. The harder we tried the worse Dad and I got. I guess it is OK, since Dad and I beat Matt and Grandpa in shuffleboard in Florida...They are saying it is their revenge from that. I think Dad and I need to have some private practices...shh don't tell. Mom and Grandma were there the whole time of course and were the faithful score keepers and loved laughing at us.

Tuesday has brought us all back to work and the real world. I have been busy getting the last minute things ready for the conference myself and a co-worker are presenting at. We leave tomorrow(Thursday) and well, I am nervous, but I know all will go well. The next post will be about this experience.

Until then...

No comments: