Saturday, May 16, 2009

Home Again...

I arrived home Tuesday night from yet another trip to Florida with my mom. We went to the Loews Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando, where mom had her nursing conference this year. Needless to say while mom sat in sessions all day, I sat by the pool and did nothing but read, suntan, swim, read, suntan, suntan some more and read. It was nice just to do nothing. As my best friend would say, she would love to have cabana boys come and serve you lunch by the pool, and bring ice cold water to you all the time. That is just what happened. It was nice to be served for once. Each day brought a new treat at the pool. One day they brought you frozen Italian cherry ices, another frozen grapes, another day was frozen pineapple and everyday was frozen towels around 2pm. Two of the days we got all that stuff and as much ice and ice water you wanted, unless you decided to order a drink. I thought I would order a pina colada smoothie until I saw that they were $8.00 a piece...i will just stick with my free ice and ice water.

Mom and I did have a great time just being together. It has been a long time since the two of us were able to get away with out the boys. We enjoyed our evenings together as we would take the FREE water taxi over to the CityWalk and window shop, because everything was so expensive to buy. The water taxi also took you to Islands of Adventure park and Universal Orlando park as well if you wanted..but neither of us were up to roller coaster rides at 6pm. So we just walked and watched everyone else.

We ate our evening meals out at the CityWalk most night. one night we went to Bubba Gumps restaurant from the movie Forest Gump. My mind has escaped me to were all we ate, but they were all fun places.

Since I have returned, I have been busy playing catch up with work and things around the home. I have also sent in another application to various schools and will be sending more in as the month rolls along and other district post their openings.

My dad and Grandpa have been busy working in the fields and about have all the corn planted and then all that is left is to plant the beans. They are both pleased at how well things are going...Let's hope i did not just jinx it.

Well that is about it....Until Next time.....Enjoy the nice spring weather that we have been blessed with.

No comments: