Saturday, December 27, 2008

What Christmas is all about

Christmas is about spending time with family from near and far. Christmas is for re-connecting with those you have not seen in months. Christmas is for sharing the best gift of all with everyone you come in contact with...that gift being Jesus.

Christmas this year was so meaningful to me. I enjoyed being with all my loved ones and sharing memories of those who were not able to be with us. This year we reminisced on things that were important to us or what family member would have had fun this year. My memory this year was on my grandpa Lashley. He has been gone 20 years already and every year at Christmas it seems like he is sitting right there in front of the fire place laughing and telling stories. I can vividly see him sitting there. I had a hard time telling about it this year, why, i don't know, but he was close to my heart just like all my other family members. I can only imagine what he was thinking on Christmas morning when I was talking about him. I sure hope that he was smiling and laughing through his think white Santa-like beard!

This weekend is packed full of gatherings and Christmas parties once more. Sunday we are gathering at my Great Grandma Cairns church who has also been gone 20 years on the 29th of December this year. I am sure it will be hard again to talk. Maybe I will just listen to the memories this time. We are having family come from near and far this year. I know for a fact that 6 of them are coming from Canada to be with us. I am excited and anxious to see them again, even though I saw them in September!

I hope that you made memories and will never forget them. These are the memories that help us get through those tough times. So now I close out for the year and go and dry my eyes.

Until next year.....

No comments: