Friday, December 12, 2008

It's that time....

of the year. The time when families reconnect, friends gather around, and memories are made. That time is called Christmas. I finally was able to get my tree up, decorated and most of the cookies baked. Last Saturday my mom, Grandma and I did our annual tradition of baking cutouts all day and icing them too. This year we only dropped two cookies and no I was not one of them. Now that those are done we are going to do the drop cookies on Sunday. We love getting together, sharing recipes, and laughing together as we bake and make the homes smell good. This year we are baking at my parents house. Next year, someone else.

Another memory and tradition for me is to take my brother shopping for Christmas. We make a night of it. He has his list made, and ideas down with a little help from family members, but mostly he does it all on his own. I take him to the mall, and then to were ever he wants after that. We also usually have dinner out and catch up on life together. I love it when he has fun and also the fact that he likes to do that kind of stuff with me. This year when we got home and settled and I went home, he called me and said thank you and good night and "Oh Lynne, I love you" and the phone hung up. Let me tell you I teared up. It has been a long time since I heard him say it and I knew it was from his heart. I love him just as much.

I hope that you are all able to make memories like this and my wish for you is that you touch someones heart like my brother did this year or that someone touches your heart in the same manner.

Until next time...stay warm and enjoy the love of your family.

No comments: