Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sing, Read, Move

That is how this week went with the story times here at the library. Tuesday started out to be a fun filled day with babies and toddlers together trying to sing new songs and listen to stories for 30 minutes. Wednesday was the same but with the preschoolers. We talked about summer and the things that they like to do in the summer time with their family and friends. Some of the answers that I got were swim, sink (sing), run, jump on tires ( play at the playground). Of course I thought that there would be more funnies but that was it. There were a lot of new little ones and so it will take a week or so for them to get use to me as well as story time routines. I am sure there will be more kidisms later on. I had a friend visit story time today named Petey. Petey is a puppet that is a baby duck and he quacks when you move it mouth. I wish that I had a digi camera to show you what he looks like, but be is yellow with a spike of white hair, orange beak and feet and a white t-shirt that I painted Petey on it and a little boys ball cap. I am sure the picture would be better, but this will half to do. Of course he was the hit of the program instead of me telling stories.

Saturday is Fear Factor at the library and I am glad I am not working. I do not do well with gross thing. I know for sure there will be oily noodles, rice pudding with raisins for maggots and Kitty Litter Cake that is edible. Does not sound good at all to me.

While Fear Factor is happening, I will be taking my Special Education Praxis one last time and hope to pass it. This is a much harder test than all the other Praxis that I have taken. Third time is the charm right?!?!?! Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.

Tuesday I picked my mom up from the airport so it was good to see her. She had a good time at here conference and brought homes lots of information and medical terms that I am sure are way above my head. I am just glad she knows what they mean.

This weekend I plan to spend time with the family and celebrate Fathers Day with my Dad and Granpa. I am looking forward at also getting my bike fixed up and moving. I really miss the summer bike rides. Let's hope I still know how to ride! AH HA

Till next time.......