Thursday, June 5, 2008

Looking back...

can be very scary sometimes. Yesterday I was given the duty of moving yearbooks from the high school here at Glenoak to the library cupboards that are behind my desk. I had no idea that there were that many and how many copies of some years that the school had. So it was fun looking back at some of the pictures and findingfriends that I knew and chuckling about their photos as I am sure they would do if it was them looking at me. When I was all said and done I think that there were about 100 yearbooks and the oldest we have is from 1958. Oh how the teachers changed and who some are that are still here...yikes.

In other news...I think that I am fairly ready for the Summer Reading Club to start here next week. Of course there will be last minute things that I can't do until Saturday, but all in all it is ready to kickoff.

this weekend my mom is traveling to Conn. for a nursing conference so it's just me and the two boys, OK, Matthew and Dad. I have been planning a menu so they don't have to ask me what's for dinner. I will at least be one step ahead of them this time.

I just wish it would stop raining so that I could finish working in the flowers and mulch. Hopefully the next post will be with some kidisms from storytimes and the programs. They are always good ones, lets just hope I can remember them till I post.

till next time....

1 comment:

Kurt and Carla said...

Good luck with the boys and the menu-making. Praying for your mom's safe return. Write the kid sayings down or you'll probably forget them like we do...