Monday, July 21, 2008

Change in plans...

this past weekend I received my scores from ETS, which is where the Praxis tests come from. I needed a 160 to pass my Special Education test so that I can teach children with disabilities as well as typical students. I have had to change my plans due to the fact that I scored a 149. This was the fourth time I took the test and let me say that it was really hard. I took it with two other Walsh students who have also taken the test that many times and they did not pass...So my questioning is that why are the schools not teaching to the Praxis standards like the rest of the Praxis tests that we all have to take and have passed.

After talking with my parents I have decided to keep my focus on what I really want and look for a job in Early Childhood after I complete this upcoming semester. Then I will look to see what I can take to help me pass the Special Education Praxis. I will wait and see what is to come and take care of it when the time comes.

Tonight is the last movie night and the last week for programming for Summer Reading. We, all the librarians at Plain Community Branch is ready for a break.

Until later this week.......Stay cool

No comments: