Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A bird...A plane....a Combine???

That is how I started my day with a combine in my way. Dad and Grandpa were harvesting the wheat last night and apparently stopped and parked the combine right in the middle of the driveway so that I could not get out. They of course did not think about Lynne having to get out of the driveway in the morning. Oh well with a phone call to grandpa asking how to get around it without driving in the fields...I was able to get to work with 5 minutes to spare!

Our friends from Illinois left for home on Monday about 5am. That was a fun time.. Grandpa and Grandma were the ones to see them off. We had a great time with them and enjoyed their company as usual. My grandparents are planning on heading that direction this fall , sometime in September after they( Frank and Alice) get home from Alaska in Sept. from their fishing trip. We are always anxious to read their emails and see pics of them fishing on the lodge website.

Work is busy as usual. Today we are having a guy come by the name of Duane Able to draw cartoons for the kids and show them how to draw them as well. Wonder if I will get a super hero from Miss Megan this year????? Amber and I have been working on the weeding list so that Megan can make the final decision on what to keep and not to keep. I will be working on a proposal tomorrow with a co-worker downtown to present at a conference next May . Keep your fingers crossed that it will be a go and we can present and represent the library.
No results yet from my Praxis, Hopefully next weeks post or later this week I can tell you yeah or nay!

Till then, enjoy the beautiful weather.

No comments: