Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School and much more

I know...it's been a long time since the last entry...let's see almost 2 1/5 months....That is way to long.

Since the last post we have been busy with many things around the farm. I have helped to can pickles from the garden...87 pints to be exact, we did 27 pints of corn relish, and I am freezing tomatoes as I type. I have always wanted to learn how to can pickles and this was the summer to do so. I have Grandma's recipe and I have already made my copy for the future.

Once the pickles and corn relish were done, softball season started. We have been busy with that every Monday and Wednesday. Matt is playing and Dad is coaching. They both love it and the team has IMPROVED so much since last year....OK they have only won two games, but they are scored at least 8-10 runs a game which is giving the other teams a wake up call, because they are remembering that the team was like last year. Matt is playing second base and is doing great....he got 4 outs at the last game.!!!

I have attended one cousins wedding and it was lots of fun, attended another cousins wedding reception because they were married in Indy, and am looking forward to another cousins wedding in Oct. I know lots of weddings, but lots of fun and family time!

School has begun and is well under way! The kids are great...they are really well behaved. I am so happy to be teaching again and starting at the beginning of the year rather then the second nine weeks like last year. I have a total of 39 students at this point in time, but that can change at any moment during the school year!

All in all the last two months have been super busy and will only get busier now that fall has started! Choir season starts up this Thursday and I am looking forward to both bell choirs and the Chancel choir.

That's it in a nutshell.....hopefully next time I will have some kidisms to share! Till then.....

No comments: